Sunday 24 April 2011

Return to Auckland

Completing the 'Grandparent Tour of New Zealand' we shot back up to Auckland to welcome Jenni home from Canada.


Elsie with her Oma


Elsie finally gets to meet her adoring Oma Jenni and Maggie


Maggie and Elsie


We were lucky to be able to spend such good quality time in with Jenni and Maggie over the Easter break. These are some shots from a nice walk we all took down to the Point. 


Maggie and Jenni , Point Chevalier Beach
Maggie and Jenni , Point Chevalier Beach 
Seeking shelter under a tree as the weather changes abruptly
Max and Marjan were also in Auckland over Easter fishing (again) with my Uncle Bill and Aunty Ineke. I headed over to their place one afternoon where Elsie got to spend some time with her 92 year old Great Grandmother.


Elsie and Great Grandma Roest
Grandma, Elsie and I
Elsie Bear
My beautiful Grandmother

Uncle Bill sent me away with a large supply of fresh snapper for Jenni and Maggie. Here are some of the results...


Joel's Thai snapper with soup
Snapper Sashimi


After my afternoon visit I headed out to West Auckland to meet up with Joel at Sam and Nik's place in Glen Eden.  They put on a great spread and we were all surprised by an impromptu visit by Kit, Liss and their only days old daughter, beautiful Maia. I couldn't believe how small and delicate she seemed. I literally can't believe that Elsie was ever that small (and Elsie was two pounds lighter!). Nyoooom! It's already going so fast.
Kit with the lovely Maia


Jenni spoilt us with her hospitality all week long. One particularly memorable meal was these Vietnamese Prawn cakes that Jenni made for us. Great food, great company.














No comments:

Post a Comment