Thursday 23 June 2011

The Baking Curse Continues....

Lemon drizzle cake
This week I tried to make Lemon Drizzle Cake. I used a recipe from BBC good food (Tana Ramsey) that was listed as the websites most popular recipe. I figured this must be fool proof. I had a good time baking, was feeling confident, and you know sometimes when your batter is just beautiful and you know it's going to be great? Well, that was the vibe. The instructions were to cook at it 160C fan for 40 - 50 minutes so, trying to make up for my nasty fast oven I set it to 150C and took it out at 35 mins. It was already a little too brown on the top (although not burnt) but a bit wet in the middle. So I turned the oven down to 140C and went to put it in for another 10min. Unfortunately this is the point where I dropped the entire cake face down on the floor. I managed to salvage a rather broken loaf and give it a bit more time. It tasted okay but I had lost the magic. I consider the baking curse still in force.

No comments:

Post a Comment